28 February 2008

MEET.KISS.


say hi to the kiss book.

i just received khara & jake's kiss book [engagement album] the other day, and it is smokin! i can't wait to watch them pledge their lives, toes in the sand, at salt creek on easter weekend. these two have such an excited whirlwind of a story, and i am blessed to call them new friends.

so, i was stoked when i got the email saying their book had been finished. carlie and i had a kiss book, which served as a sign-in guest book on our wedding day, and is now something we will be able to share with our kids, and our kids-kids...

the engagement session is already one of those parts of my job that i so so value, because it's basically just a hang-out session where i get to do what i love: hear your story & capture those priceless yet fleeting moments with my camera. and, when displayed in a hand-crafted book, you have something tangible that can always 'take you back' to the start, to the place your journey began.

thanks again, khara & jake, and all of my couples. without you, i would probably be wandering the streets, clicking away at random street signs and passerbys, or propositioning my bride to put on her wedding dress, just one more time.

since you already said hi to the kiss book, i thought i would let you hang out.




note: stunt books were used, as not to harm khara & jake's newest [and probably first] family heirloom

17 comments:

  1. What a fun post! Love the first pic, it totally cracked me up. The book looks sweet! They are so lucky to have you for their photographer!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny post! You just made me want to order another sample :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY POSTMASTER! That's your new name because all of a sudden there are all these crazy new posts - and we keep up with you really well!! I heart the kiss albums (love these snazzy pics of them!!!) and we are thinking of ordering our first studio sample. did you design it yourself or use their design services??

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, i haven't been able to post anything for some reason. so here goes. love that first pic it made me giggle like a little guuuurl :) ok a manly little girl. the album looks killer and the pics i saw in there, dude awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!! So funny
    I love my KISS too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute post. It reminded me of the traveling gnome. :)

    Nice photos though! What a blessing it is for them to have you as their photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so great to meet you both! i have added you to my to be stalked list :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad we missed out on the mad fun- david is trying to convince us to move there now....hmmm....you guys have extra living space for four? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the great blog comment!

    I really like your stuff, it's tons of fun!

    -Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh, thanks for posting this. i'm doing a book for a friend in may and wasn't sure if it was worth the IN tax (since i'm from there), but now it's a for sure go to use KISS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard all about KISS albums...and I gotta say, your pictures have made me want to convert!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did I not comment on this?? Maybe I read the others and didn't? Anyway, I thought it was too cute - I think you should bring KISS on tour with you. KISS at Taco Bell, KISS on the beach. KISS rollerskating with Carlie and her girlfriends. ;)

    p.s. I responded to your comment on my blog - you should TOTALLY do it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was a pleasure to meet you and your lady yesterday in Irvine! You two seem super fun. We're sad we missed out on the last "Get Brooked" event. We'll have to catch the next one. It's always a fun time with other "couple" photog teams. Anyways, Here's to Vegas! Look for Justin, I unfortunately won't be able to make it. I know, sad 8(

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was a pleasure to meet you and your lady yesterday in Irvine! You two seem super fun. We're sad we missed out on the last "Get Brooked" event. We'll have to catch the next one. It's always a fun time with other "couple" photog teams. Anyways, Here's to Vegas! Look for Justin, I unfortunately won't be able to make it. I know, sad 8(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmm I love my kiss book in a (possibly) unhealthy way. Love the red...that may have to be my next sample album color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm gonna have to get me my own KISS. Looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. where are these albums from?!

    ReplyDelete